Dear Patients, Friends, and Community Partners,
We understand the growing concerns surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our community and globally. The health and safety of our patients and staff is now, and has always been, our top priority.
We are open but restricting in person appointments to urgent and emergent patients at our Clive location as well as Pella Regional Health and Knoxville Area Hospital and Clinics only through Friday, April 3rd, 2020.We will be working to identify any changes to this plan within the week for plans past April 3rd for providing patient care.
Current patient scheduling guidelines:
- Level 1 (schedule in office):
- Acute injuries, infections, post op (identified by lead/physician), suture removal
- Level 2 (in office or virtual):
- Injuries that could potentially cause mobility concerns long-term
- Level 3 (virtual option):
- Chronic symptoms and annual follow ups
Patients that were scheduled in the next two weeks will be contacted for rescheduling or other options, including virtual visits as appropriate.
We have taken the following steps to ensure safety:
- Educating our employees on the importance of practicing good hygiene throughout our workday using resources such as the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Maintaining high standards of infection control procedures to assure that we have minimized contact with any surfaces or areas that could harbor harmful bacteria or viruses. Including:
- Practicing good hand hygiene (frequent handwashing) as well as good cough and sneeze etiquette
- We disinfect all equipment and surfaces of the clinic at least 3 times daily
- We use personal protective equipment such as gloves when needed
- We are using the following infection control procedures for every patient that enters our clinic:
- Screening for body temperature/fever
- Screening patients for symptoms before allowing treatment. We are asking the following three questions, and if the answer is “yes” to any of them, we will insist on rescheduling the appointment following proper quarantine or intervention:
- Have you traveled outside the United States in the last 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to an individual with known or suspected COVID 19?
- Do you have any symptoms of respiratory infection (such as fever of 100.4 deg), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose?
- We have made the following changes to our clinic operations:
- Reducing the number of patients we will see in our clinic and the number of clinics we will treat patients
- Implementation of virtual visits over the computer or telephone for those patients that would prefer to remain in their home
- Reducing staffing on a daily basis to decrease the amount of potential exposures to the virus for our patients and staff
- Cease all non-essential employee work-related travel and in person meetings
- Removal of all magazines and touch points in our lobby
- Established vendor guidelines of the delivery of any outside packages to our suite to require mask/gloves to enter our suite
- Twice daily temperature checks on all COSM staff members in the office with documented results
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence and your cooperative effort towards maintaining our community’s health and well-being. As the situation evolves we will continue to share updates with you.
Please contact us if you have any questions!